Celebrating a graduation on Maui and need to plan the party? It doesn’t matter if you are planning a Maui graduation party for a local Maui scholar or traveling to celebrate the accomplishment with a graduation party on Maui!
I want to help with tips to ensure your graduation party will be easy to plan and the special celebration of achievement you intend it to be. After you review these quick Maui graduation party planning tips, please leave questions in the comments area:
- Select a location for your graduation party – I recommend the beach club cabana at the Maui El Dorado for smaller graduation parties wanting oceanfront location. Larger graduation parties can be accommodated at Airport beach park in West Maui. Like all public parks on Maui, pavilions are not reserved for events. Instead, they are available via a first come first serve basis. Unless you are willing to arrive at 4 or 5 am to hold the pavilion area for your party, I recommend planning on rental chairs, tables and other party equipment rentals.
- To ensure your location will be available on the day of your graduation party on Maui, verify the location is available before selecting a date. If planning a catered graduation party, reserve as early as possible to ensure your caterer and location will be available for your graduation party. A deposit will be required to secure your reservation for caterers and some location venues. Securing your graduation party reservations as early as possible provides the most availability.
- Show your appreciation of the hard work your graduate invested by pulling out all the stops to reward your graduate with a full service multiple course gourmet plated dinner party. Assuming your college graduates are over 21 (HI liquor law), don’t forget to include cocktails and to make a champagne toast to the new graduate. Non-alcoholic beverage choices should be made available for those under age or who do not drink alcohol. Whatever you decide on for your graduation party, the key point is the college graduation is focused on your special graduate!
- Decide if your menu will be a full plated meal or pupu style (hors d’oeuvers). Decide if you would like a plated meal with each course served to your guests, a buffet menu or perhaps passed appetizers for shorter duration graduation parties.
- The beach is always a great place for a Maui graduation party and you won’t need to spend more to keep guests entertained. Add a catered Maui barbecue to the graduation party and your graduation party plan will be nearly complete!
- Consider food stations centered around the theme of your graduation party. Have a special theme in mind for your graduation party? Let us know and we’ll suggest catered menu ideas to match. Maybe a fiesta theme party with burrito and taco bars followed by a pinata breaking. Graduation parties with themed food stations could be centered around the year, the colors from the graduate’s school alma mater or the career field the college graduate has chosen. Our Seafood Festival theme party or popular Surf & Turf could be paired with almost any theme.
- Let your caterer know of any special dietary considerations as early as possible. We can accommodate gluten free and other special dietary requirements. We are most successful providing a menu variety when we are informed in advance allowing us to source appropriate ingredients and plan a catering menu meeting special dietary requirements.
- Don’t forget the tables, chairs, canopies or tents for your graduation party. Be sure your graduation party budget includes cost for tables, chairs and other catered equipment.
- Consider entertainment for your Maui graduation party. Live bands, DJs, magicians, photo booths, fire dancers and others will keep attendees entertained at your graduation party.
- Save money by self catering a graduation party. If you prefer, you may order your food in advance. CJs catering will prepare everything and it will be ready for pick up. You’ll need to serve your guests and return any equipment. Catered buffet chafing dishes and other catering equipment are available for rental on a first come first serve basis.
Ready to plan your Maui graduation party? Begin Planning Your Maui Graduation Party NOW:
If you enjoyed the Catered Maui Gradation Tips or if you have questions, please leave comments below. Subscribe to our blog for the latest Catered Maui Event Ideas and Chef Recipes.