The PGA begins the golf season with the annual Hyundai Tournament of Champions golf tournament at Kapalua Resort in West Maui. Playing on the famed Plantation course, participating golfers will be challenged by the course length combined with sometimes difficult winds.
With the mainland entrenched in an already cold winter season with early snow storms sweeping across much of the country, the beautiful tropical scenery of Maui will be on display to provide a welcome warm up! The entire golf world is likely to be watching last seasons champions compete for the $1.1 million dollars winners prize on the Golf Channel. The Pro Am got underway today and several of the professional golfers have been vacationing on Maui before the tournament begins Friday. The final round will be played on Monday, January 7th and will be broadcast live on The Golf Channel (broadcast times below). Watch The Golf Channel for professional golf, beautiful Maui scenery and if you are lucky a whale jumping in the background of the tournament!
Comfort Zone Catering serves lunches for volunteers, on-course concessions and 18th hole SkyBoxes:
- Concessions with a staff of 30 scattered around the golf course will be serving Shoyu Chicken, Hot Dogs and Grilled Hamburgers to hungry golf fans.
- Sky Boxes on 18th hole, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and on Monday the tournament final.
- 350 daily box lunches for media and volunteers.
Thanks to the tournament for the more than $4 million dollars provided to Maui charities since the tournament moved to Kapalua in 1999.
6 Tips for the PGA Hyundai Tournament of Champions Golf Tournament at Kapalua
- Where do I get Hyundai Tournament of Champions Tickets and Costs? 2013 Hyundai Tournament of Champions tickets may be purchased on the tournament website (through Ticketmaster) or at the golf tournament at Kapalua. Clubhouse tickets are $30 each day and $40 for the final championship round on Monday. Grounds tickets are available at $15 for each day or $40 for a Friday through Monday pass.
- Where is Parking for the Hyundai Tournament of Champions? Parking for the 2013 Hyundai Tournament of Champions is convenient and easy at the Honua Kai in West Maui. Park and ride the shuttle to the Plantation course at Kapalua. Click here for a printable map to Honua Kai parking.
- Where can I watch the Hyundai Tournament of Champions on TV? All four days of the tournament will be on the Golf Channel with coverage beginning at 5:30 pm EST and 10:30 pm on Friday and Saturday. Sunday action will be broadcast beginning at 3 pm on NBC and at 6 pm and 10:30 pm EST on The Golf Channel. The final round will be televised live on The Golf Channel beginning at 4 pm EST (10 am local HST).
- Where can I find more information about the Hyundai Tournament of Champions?
- How can I follow the tournament Leaders?
- Keep up with the leaders on the PGA Tour Leader Board.
- Follow the tournament using the PGATOUR twitter handle or HyundaiTOC1 and on The Hyundai Tournament of Champions Facebook page.
- What time should I get to the Tournament? For the Friday through Sunday rounds, the tournament gates at Kapalua open at 8 am. The first time Tee time will be around 10:20 am. For the final round on Monday, January 7th, the gates open at 7:30 am followed by the earlier Tee time of 8:15 am.
Before departing West Maui and less than 5 minutes south of the Honua Kai parking lots, be sure to stop at CJs Deli and Diner for the most affordable dining option in West Maui. Grab a breakfast before heading to the parking shuttle. Skip the traffic after the tournament by enjoying dinner. BYOB is welcome. Heres a map link to CJ’s Comfort Zone Restaurant in Kaanapali. If you enjoyed the catering at the 2013 Hyundai Tournament of Champions, book your next catered event on Maui: