After the wedding location has been selected and a few other items have been marked off the wedding planning list is the best time to choose the menu for a Maui wedding reception. With remote planning necessary for most Maui weddings, the opportunity for couples getting married to personally meet the chef in the course of a pre-tasting and for the chef to learn their tastes and style preferences is often unavailable. While helping couples plan Maui wedding receptions with catering and creating menus for private chef dinners, we like to match our menus and catering services to the tastes and style preferences of the couples getting married on Maui while striving to remain within their wedding catering budget. Couples help coordinate the menu planning process by revealing answers to a few questions we like to ask:
- What type of food do you eat at home when you have an hour to prepare a midweek dinner?
- What kind of food do you eat when you go out for a midweek dinner?
- What do you enjoy when you have a couple hours to prepare a weekend dinner?
- What type of restaurant do you go to celebrate achievements or special events?
- What do you eat at home when you are in hurry?
- What is your favorite food for a special event or celebration?
- What type of restaurant do you enjoy for a weekend dinner date?
- What are your favorite four restaurants? If you share the names and URLs for the restaurant well take a look at their menu to help us identify your preferences.
- Food Sensitivities or Dietary Requests? Let the Chef know if you or your guests have any dietary requirements, food sensitivities and preferences. Though we always include a few vegetarian and gluten free menu items for guests, please let the chef know of any other known food allergies, cultural preferences or food sensitivities. We provide Gluten Free catering or prepare vegan and vegetarian catering menu options upon request. In addition to creating and preparing Noni recipe menus for a local Maui event, we also have prepared kosher catering menus and accommodated several cultural dietary requests. Let us know what you need and well do our best to cater to you!
- How many guests and what is the budget? Budget may be based on overall wedding or catering budgets or on a per person amount. Then, either guest count may be adjusted or menu selections and service options may be adjusted to stay within the budget. We are always happy to share ideas to help you save money on the wedding, such as permitting you to purchase your own alcohol and giving tips on the best places to purchase alcohol. Then, just use our licensed bartenders to serve the wedding guests.
Inform your catering chef on Maui of anything else that will make your wedding vision a reality. If you have a question, ask! Many of our catering clients have never visited Hawaii before they planned Maui wedding and we want you to be comfortable with your decision of getting married on Maui! Let us know of any questions about weddings or planning a catering menu for an event on Maui and we’ll help. Use our short wedding planning questionnaire to get a no obligation wedding catering cost estimate:
Did you get married on Maui or are you planning a wedding on Maui? Use the comments section below to share questions you asked when planning a menu for a catered wedding reception.